Flameless Votive DIY Place Cards
Whether you’re having a casual party or a glamorous wedding, place cards add a personal touch and ease the flow from cocktail hour to dinner. For an extra special event, a creative place card can easily double as a keepsake for your guests. These DIY Flameless Votive Place Cards make the perfect take-home gift, and your guests will remember you—and your amazing event—every time they turn them on.
- Flameless LED votive candles
- Glitter letter stickers in your choice of color (Find these at your local craft shop or online)
- Measure and mark several small spots along the middle of the candle, where you want to place the letters.
- Arrange the stickers without peeling off the backing, to get a sense of how much space they take up.
- Peel the backing off each sticker and stick it to the candle so that the middle of the sticker aligns with your midpoint pencil line. Your stickers should cover your pencil marks.
Voilà! It’s that simple!
When setting the table, place cards are technically supposed to be placed in top left corner (parallel to the water glass, slightly above the bread plate and dessert utensils), but you can have a bit of fun with that. We chose to place our Flameless Votive Place Cards directly on the plate. Finish your tablescape with the warm glow of flameless taper candles and flameless LED pillars.
The best part about this easy craft is that you can recreate this look for any holiday or occasion. Try three-dimensional clover stickers for St. Patrick’s Day, floral stickers for your spring events, or bunny and egg stickers to celebrate Easter.
If you try this DIY, post your pics on Instagram using the hashtag #DIYwithSternoHome – we can’t wait to see what you create!